Hotels in Liverpool, United Kingdom
- Comprehensive hotel search for Liverpool online
- Find a cheap hotel in Liverpool!
- Book at the ideal price!
Football, Fashion, and the Fab Four - It's Liverpool
“Liverpool is full of the kind of people who go out on Monday and couldn’t care less about Tuesday morning.” - Jan Molby, Liverpool FC, 1985
From cultural heritage and musical pedigree to a relentless passion for football and fashion, Liverpool is a city to be reckoned with. Home to not one but two cathedrals and an equal number of Premier League teams, Liverpool doesn’t do things by halves. A trip to this maritime city -- a European Capital of Culture winner and home to the Grand National -- comes complete with a warm welcome from the locals and an itinerary for all.
Liverpool’s Most Famous Sons
Liverpool is known as the birthplace of the Beatles and, to this day, attractions about the city’s most famous sons are consistent crowd pleasers. Heck, even Liverpool John Lennon Airport tips its hat at the boys from the south side of the city with not only its name but also courtesy of the landmark Yellow Submarine taking pride of place outside. Experience Beatlemania by heading to the childhood homes of Lennon and McCartney and visit the iconic Cavern Club in the city centre. Attractions such as the Beatles Story and International Beatleweek are perfectly complemented by cheap extras like the Magical Mystery Tour and photo ops with Stanley Street’s Eleanor Rigby statue. Fans who don’t want the magic to end can hole up for the night at one of the city’s most famous hotels - The Hard Days Night Hotel. Situated near Lord Street, it is the world’s only Beatles inspired hotel.
More Music Please, Maestro
While it’s fair to say that Liverpool and The Beatles go hand in hand, the city doesn’t stop at the Fab Four when it comes to musical grandeur. The Guinness Book of Records named Liverpool as “The World Capital of Pop” but you don’t need a book to show you that Liverpool knows how to hold a tune and throw a party. Music fans can catch their favourite band playing at everywhere from local pubs to venues such as the 02 Academy and the waterfront Echo Arena. If one night of music is not enough, stay a while at one of the hotels in Liverpool and join the revellers at annual music events such as Liverpool Sound City and Liverpool International Music Festival. If you fancy something a little different to your average hotel experience, a weekend at the Creamfields dance festival will certainly entertain.
A Craving for Culture
Given that the city is a UNESCO World Heritage Site, it won’t be too surprising to hear that Liverpool plays host to more galleries and museums than can be found in any UK city outside of London. You won’t want to miss the big ones - The Museum of Liverpool, The Walker Art Gallery, TATE Liverpool, and the Mersey Maritime Museum (to name a few), but make sure you leave time to check out the Albert Dock, St George’s Hall, and Antony Gormley’s “Another Place” on Crosby Beach. Time your visit to Liverpool with Heritage Open Days in September and explore the Williamson Tunnels, check out the Calderstones, the city’s oldest human monument, or see what’s hidden inside the Wavertree Lock-Up. Keep the momentum going by staying the night in the Bridewell Hotel on Cheapside, housed in the historic (former) Bridewell Prison.
From Fashion to Food
No guide to Liverpool would be complete without a mention of the city’s fashion prowess; it’s not all PJs and Scouse brows. There are mall-style destinations like Liverpool One and the Metquarter but a trip to one of the independents can help you to create a look that’s as individual as this city. Try Quiggins on Renshaw Street for one-of-a-kind accessories and funky tees or head to Little Red Vintage on Bold Street for everything from 20s hats to 50s dresses. All that retail therapy will help you to work up an appetite and, thankfully, foodies are well catered for here. The London Carriage Works and 60 Hope Street feature on most lists of the best restaurants in the city but be sure to leave room for Punk Afternoon Tea at the Baltic Social and a bowl of Scouse, Liverpool’s national dish, at Rigby's.
Green Spaces Galore
Another area where Liverpool never fails to impress lies within the city’s green spaces. Take a breather from the non-stop entertainment and attractions to explore some of the city’s parks - you’ll find more here than you would in Paris. One of the city’s best loved green spaces is Sefton Park. Located in Aigburth, it’s home to a stunning Victorian Palm House which was gutted by bombs during World War II and lovingly restored in 1993. You can also head to the sunken St James Gardens where you’ll be rewarded with sumptuous views of the Anglican Cathedral or step outside of the city centre for a while to visit the beautiful Festival Gardens with its three-tier waterfall and rock gardens. While not the prettiest of parks, the trip to Everton Brow in the north of the city is worth it simply for the vantage point it offers to those wanting to see the sun set over Mersey Bay.
Liverpool – A city for your bucket list.
Price rangefrom $14to $1,027
- Hotel Premier Inn Liverpool City Centre (Liverpool One) hoteldeals from $5
- Hotel Jurys Inn Liverpooldeals from $64
- Hotel Premier Inn Liverpool City Centre (Albert Dock) hoteldeals from $5
- Hotel Hashtag Liverpool Campus Accommodationdeals from $5
- Hotel Premier Inn Liverpool City Centre (Moorfields) hoteldeals from $5
- Hotel The Shankly Hoteldeals from $91
More Top Hotels
- easyHotel Liverpool
- Arena House Liverpool
- 30 James Street
- Titanic Hotel Liverpool
- ibis Liverpool Centre Albert Dock
- Dream Apartments Liverpool
- Ablett House - Campus Accommodation
- The William Inglis - MGallery by Sofitel
- The Old Dairy Liverpool
- Hotel Indigo Liverpool - an IHG hotel
- The Printworks
- DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Liverpool
- Hampton by Hilton Liverpool/John Lennon Airport
- Britannia Adelphi City Centre
- Hampton by Hilton Liverpool City Centre
- Radisson Blu Hotel Liverpool
- Brook Barn
- Tune - Liverpool, City Centre
- Dream Apartments Water Street
- Pullman Liverpool Hotel
- ibis Styles Liverpool Centre Dale Street - Cavern Quarter
- Crowne Plaza Liverpool John Lennon Airport
- Premier Inn Liverpool John Lennon Airport hotel
- Malmaison Liverpool
- Hotel Hilton Liverpool City Centre
- Beech Mount Grove Suites
- The Resident Liverpool
- Staycity Aparthotels Drury Lane
- The Titanic Boat
- The Richmond Hotel, Best Western Signature Collection
- Lock & Key
- Holiday Inn Express Liverpool - Royal Albert Dock
- Signature Living At The Shankly
- Heeton Concept Hotel City Centre Liverpool
- Posh Pads Liverpool One
- Campanile Liverpool Queens Dock
- Caro Short Stay Parker Street
- Dockside Lodge (ensuite Rooms)
- The Podworks Hotel
- Childwall Abbey
- Epic Apart Hotel - Duke Street
- Hotel Z Liverpool
- St Hilda